University of California, Riverside

International Education Programs

International Education Programs

Online Application

Contact Us

Courses, dates, fees and other expenses are subject to change without notice. Admission to International Education Programs does not constitute admission to the University of California degree programs. For admission to University of California degree programs, please contact the following offices:

Undergraduate Admissions


Graduate Programs
Online Application

Please review the information below:


Online Application


  • How old do I have to be to use the online application?

    • In order to able to complete the IEP online application form, you need to be 13 years of age or older. If you are younger than 13 years old, please see instructions for the downloadable paper application. [top]


  • What do I need for the online application?

    • You must have a valid email address.
    • You must decide which program(s) and dates you would like to attend. For more information see the links below:
    • You should have your passport ready.
    • You must have your VISA or MasterCard card ready to pay the nonrefundable USD $200.00 program application fee.
    • If you do not already have an online IEP account, you will be asked to create an online profile before starting your online application. [top]


  • Can I save my progress and come back to finish my application?

    • Yes. The online application form has multiple sections. You will be able to save your progress as you go through different sections. This will also allow you to finish your incomplete application at later time. [top]


  • I can’t see the Admission Preparation Program (APP) as one of the program choices. How can I submit my application for this program?

    • The application process for the Admission Preparation Program is different than the rest of our programs. You won’t be able to apply to this program through the online application. Please download the Special APP Application Form and complete it as a paper application. If you have any questions about the special APP application process, please email: [top]


  • Which documents can I upload during my application process?

    • You will be able to upload the following documents:
      • Passport photo page
      • Financial statement
      • Parental Release Form (If you are under 18 years old)
      • Candidate Appraisal Form (If you are applying for a postgraduate certificate or diploma program)
      • Dependent information
      • English proficiency test scores
    • Note: Although we recommend that you upload your required documents digitally, you can also use fax, email, and mail options. [top]


  • I completed my application and need to make a change. How can I submit my changes?

    • If you need to make changes to your information after completing the online application process, please email your request to us at Please include your student ID number in your message. [top]


  • My application is complete and I received the confirmation. What do I do next?

    • Once we receive your application, we will process it and send you the acceptance package by mail. When you receive your acceptance materials, you can make necessary arrangements (such as getting an US visa etc.) for your arrival.  Please make sure that you arrange your housing and transportation prior to your arrival. Here are some links to more information and forms:


  • I don’t want to use the online form to apply International Education Programs. Is there another way to apply?

    • If you prefer to send us your application form by mail, email, or fax, please see instructions for the downloadable application. [top]


UCR Extension

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

UCR LibrariesCampus Status
Career OpportunitiesDiversity
Visit UCRMaps and Directions

International Education Programs

University of California, Riverside
University Extension
1200 University Avenue
Riverside, CA 92507-4596, USA
Tel: 1-(951) 827-4346
Fax: 1-(951) 827-1074